.577 T-Rex rifle recoil video - Accurate Reloading

I like this video, just dang glad it isn't me!
Anybody know where this video was shot? Pakistan maybe? It's the only place I can think of where they build fine rifles,wear traditional dress,but don't shoot at us,much.

I like this video, just dang glad it isn't me!
Anybody know where this video was shot? Pakistan maybe? It's the only place I can think of where they build fine rifles,wear traditional dress,but don't shoot at us,much.

It was shot (no pun intended) in the site owners underground shooting range in Dubai City, UAE. There is a reloading room attached also. You can see it if you log on to accuratereloading.com.

Jim

It does look like fun...I would be interested to see how a person with better form than most of those guys handles the recoil. I will volunteer myself for the test:D

I dont like muzzle breaks but I have to admit this looks like
a perfict place for one, and also a 15 lb rifle.

And I have to agree with Forester about there shooting form,
some werent even holding it tight against there sholder and
they paid the price for it.

And with a whopping 269.8 ft/lbs of recoil this thing will detach
a retina very fast ending ones shooting career .

And think of this thing with a scope mounted on it. How much
eye relief would you need ?

The eyes can handle 100+ ft/lbs but not for long. A good frend and
a fine gunsmith has detached the retina in his right eye from shooting
to many big magnums.

It is not cool to blow your eyes out from to much recoil.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Form helps a little with the T-Rex but unless a buffalo or bear is chargeing me I aint shooting one again!!
Its meaner than a 50BMG without a brake and a NEF 3½ 12 ga turkey gun with the weight taken out of the stock:eek: I still owe Dad one for that stunt...Yes I am a full member of the hold my beer and watch this club:eek:

The eyes can handle 100+ ft/lbs but not for long. A good frend and
a fine gunsmith has detached the retina in his right eye from shooting
to many big magnums.

It is not cool to blow your eyes out from to much recoil.

J E CUSTOM

I am now 62 years old and recently have had to quit shooting my .338 WM. I do not have a detached retina, but I now have a detached vitrious. It is the lining over the retina. My right eye now has a slight permanent cloudy thing floating around in it. Doc said- no more.

Bouncing down to 7MM Mag stuff and not the RUM or STW variety.

Funny as Hell!!

I almost detached both retina laughting the first time I saw that!! Has to be one of the most hillarious things I've ever seen. But only to watch, that bad boy would knock my skinny *** into last week.

Did you notice one shot was with a Ruger #1, all the others with what looked like the same gun. The second guy that shot it actually did a nice job of controlling the gun. But I'd dare anyone to shot it twice without flinching. It would be even funnier if about every third round was a dummy. I'd probably fall over from the flinch!

Actually I'd never shoot it without a muzzle brake. I've already had a detached retina...scary deal.

V911

That's some serious recoil... A little experience would not hurt those shooters before step up to the T-Rex

What scope

Hey guys this looks like a perfict place to test all scopes
and mounting systems dont you think.

But I would recomend a helmet and face shield.

It would be interesting to see which scopes would hold up
If any and what bases you could use.

Just a thought
J E CUSTOM

I am having a 500NE built on a ruger #1 action at the moment . te recoil is almost the same as my body weight:D.

Might fit that dead donkey to it after all.

:)JAWZ

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.