Camo Rem 700 LA Stocks ?

match

Does anybody know if there is a manufacturer building camo synthetic stocks for the model 700 LA? Thanks.

h.s. precision has some camo patterns, as well as bell and carleson. I'm not completely sure about ram line, but they might. These are all I can think of for now (tired from work) but I'm sure there are more if you use your favorite search engine or go to the cabelas websight.

Thanks gang. It's for a friend that wants a camo / stainless rifle w/o spending a lot of money. There are very, very few factory camo/stainless rifles, and that's what he has his heart set on. I figured that the Rem would have more stock options than anything else. BTW the McMillan is out, due to cost. Any other options short of having the factory stock painted? Thanks.

Match,

Around 15 years ago my brother met a fellow here in Arkansa that was involved in prototype synthetic camo stock doings for Remington.

He and I ended up with a stock each, I don't even think the guy we got the stocks from ended up with the contract . That doesn' t matter , bu t I have one of those stocks and I will let it go for around a gazillion dollars or for free . Whichever comes first . I have posted a poor pic of this stock but I didn't take one of the recoil pad , it says Remington in their familar style .

I am inclined to give it to you but it occured to me that it may make the exchange more fun if you have something neat to send to me .

Let me know what you think .

Jim B. [image]
DSC01351.jpg
[/image]

Geemini !

Do you want me to bring it to your house ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well, if anyone else has a need for this stock ( other than hanging on a wall ) say so , and I will send it to you .

Jim B.

Sorry, Jimm. I've been busy !!! Seems like a fair deal to me. just to make sure, will it fit a 700 LA 7mm mag? If it does, what do you need ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Match,

All I can tell you is that I had a Remington 300 win mag action with a medium weight bbl in it for years. A rem 700 7mm should fit .

As for the trade part , I dunno , surprise me , send one of your " not being used" stuff. As I said in the original reply , I was inclined to give it to you anyway . Send me an email with your address . My addy is in my bio.

Dave Wilson , since I had offered it to Match first I thought I ought to give it to him if he responded , sorry . Need any 10/22 stocks , browning /sako pencil bbl takeoff , stainless remington 300 win mag bbl takeoff , or what about a wooden Remington LA stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif just let me know , I've gottem !

Jim B.

MATCH ,

Stock went out priority mail today , actually this afternoon . Should be there by wednesday I think .

Dave Wilson , thanks for letting me off the hook on the timing of all this .

Sure you don't need a very nice satin finished walnut stock fo a remmy LA I refinished it my own self. Aint half bad at that , I have a pic if you want .

So , ............nobody out there wants a beautiful browning / sako pencil bbl for free ? I mean , you do not have to send me any of your junk that is laying around doing no one any good whatso.... ever .

I have Sisk bullets from I don't know back when , paper shotgun shells from everybody , an old shotgun that says fox or something like that , , I think ( just kidding )

Trying to figure out some way to make it till next hunting season , Jim B.

Jim, I just received the stock. Thanks a million !!!
BTW, sent you an e-mail. Thank you !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.