Calling all Dingos

Flyhalf

Guys , I am hoping that the coyote hunters here might give me some advice.

Firstly , I know there are no dingos in the US !! But , I am hoping with your help I just might outwit a mongeral dog or two.
My buddy , a sheep rancher looses many lambs a year to wild dogs.These dogs are a variety of domestic dogs gone feral and have x bred with pure wild dingos.
The dogs range a large area which is all sheep country and other farmers in the district have similar problems.
So I was wondering maybe a there might be a method of calling these mongerals in close for a shot.A mate of mine in Canada suggested a wounded woodpecker call , but as we don't have 'peckers down here , I was sceptical.
Then , I thought , just maybe , the noise of something completely foreign might tickle the curiousity of the dogs !

Am I wasting my time guys . or do you think the idea has some merit ?lightbulb

regards
Mike.

Foxpro has farm animal sounds. If you go their site you can listen to them. Canine pups and sounds would be worth a look.

There has been at least one Coyote calling contest won with a recording of a crying human child. Any kind of distress call. Fawn, pup, cat, sheep. All should work at least part of the time.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.