Calling all chicken defenders ...

Porker

Hi guys,

Been a few months since my last post ... settling in on a different continent, married to a beautiful woman ... but me guns are far away with lots a water between me and them ... hopefully that 338 WM will be here soon from the US, easing the pain ...

How about making me feel better by suggesting a caliber/bolt rifle/barrel lenght combination supressed and subsonic do deal with the odd fox in the chicken pen ...

Tricky ... only 4.5 hec. with a short shot of about 60 yards ... cant wake the neighbours. Might build a small soundproof outhouse to shoot from next to the back door overlooking the pen... need advise on cheap option for sound proofing ... egg box's?

It seems like a job for one of the air rifles out there. No experience to speak of so I can't say which one, but that's where I would look.

will look into those air rifles ... not sure if it's good on fox, but i
have heard there is some pretty good hunting type pellets for them ...

i'm sure there is a thread somewhere on this forum regarding subsonic supressed .. anyone know where?

A nice video on youtube, google integrally suppressed 77/22, Orkan made the video Johns Guns is who provided the guns. Wait for a stamp, and you might be out of chickens.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.