Dakota All Weather Varminter .204

Hi All,
Just wanted to pass on my experience with a new Dakota .204. I recently picked up this rifle from First Stop out of South Dakota. After giving it a proper cleaning, I took it out to shoot groups with various very carefully assembled handloads. The first thing I noticed was the trigger was not up to par for a rifle at this price point. Groups were lackluster coming in at one half to three quarters of an inch at 100 yards for three shot groups. Not the bug holes I've read so much about. My Cooper M21 .223 will shoot one hole groups with many different loads. I took it home, cleaned it, and attempted to adjust the trigger. No matter how hard I tried, I could not clean up the trigger. While experimenting with trigger adjustments, a ball bearing and spring shot out of the front of the trigger housing! I gave up on the *** trigger and replaced it with a Trigger Tech. What an instant improvement! I easily adjusted the new trigger to 1 and 1/2 pounds. Incredibly, it breaks like glass with zero creep and zero overtravel. Not the experience I expected from a $2050 rifle.
Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.