California

Precision_Game_85

So I'm thinking about getting my first AR-15 and I've decided on the stag model 7. The question I have is am I good to go as long as I have a bullet button on it? I've done massive research and it seems that as long as that is installed I'm good to go? I found a place in southern California that does modifications to make them CA compliant. Also, any thoughts on the model 7? All the reviews seem to be that it's a consistent out of the box 1/2 moa performer.

Yes with a stag arms all you need is a bullet button. You still have to use a 10rd mag. The buttons online are only $10 or so and are very easy to install by yourself. Not sure on that model but I have the lower to be California legal an I have no problem so far.
Hope this helps

Stag will have to install the button before they even ship it to your FFL and you will not get any mags with it due to your wonderful mag laws. The way around this would to be just order the upper from Stag and buy your lower in state.

As far as Stag being good AR's they are shooters.

Stag will have to install the button before they even ship it to your FFL and you will not get any mags with it due to your wonderful mag laws. The way around this would to be just order the upper from Stag and buy your lower in state.

As far as Stag being good AR's they are shooters.

I see your point, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the way around this." If I were to buy a lower in state I'd still have to have the bullet button installed before I took it home and would still have to buy the 10 round mags for it? Sorry, I might be a bit confused on what you mean.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.