Calculating range adjustment for ranges you have not shot?

I would not try to fix errors with known lies.
If you have good velocity measurements and there is an error in POI, the error is not with velocity.
If your shooting system inputs(scope height, scope click value in IPHY) are correct as measured, no need to lie about any of them. Same with local air density conditions, as measured.

Manufacture declared BCs are a starting point, based not only on their atmospheric standard, but on their velocities (sometimes averaged or normalized, like Berger does). Your local BC can be totally different, so this is what I would adjust.

Last edited:
Unless you're shooting crows, an inch or 2 is immaterial
Who needs to shoot a crow when you can reach out and catch it.....so far i have caught this one three times....last time I leg tagged it to know if it comes back around....and wow...do the parents get ****ed and noisy when I had their kid in hand.... 0612201109.jpg

Want a simple answer? Choose Hornady ammo, go to their app. Zero at your choice, 100 or 200, print out the DOPE from Zero to 1000 at 10, 20, or 50 yards. Write it down, tape it to your stock, or keep your phone, and put in your windage, EASY

Want a simple answer? Choose Hornady ammo, go to their app. Zero at your choice, 100 or 200, print out the DOPE from Zero to 1000 at 10, 20, or 50 yards. Write it down, tape it to your stock, or keep your phone, and put in your windage, EASY
Also, as mentioned before chrono, temp, & altitude help.

So the club I'm joining has a 600 range, they get a 200 yard zero on the target on the right then the target with all the spots is simulated 600. They have done a rough calculation to get guys on the paper. Shoot at the bottom center target and adjust moa to hit I want to say was between the 2nd and 3rd down. First time I'd ever seen that before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614-204538.png
    Screenshot_20200614-204538.png
    754.4 KB · Views: 78
So the club I'm joining has a 600 range, they get a 200 yard zero on the target on the right then the target with all the spots is simulated 600. They have done a rough calculation to get guys on the paper. Shoot at the bottom center target and adjust moa to hit I want to say was between the 2nd and 3rd down. First time I'd ever seen that before.
Go to a real Range with 600 yards. I have one. Come to Ragnarök, near Carney, MI

How in the world do you measure from bore center to scope center?
Bottom of scope tube to top of your bolt is a simple way. Pull the bolt and measure and divide by 2 the same with the scope tube. Some use the ring half and the gas hole in the action.

How in the world do you measure from bore center to scope center?

Here is one way. It's quite simple though with a good steel edge ruler. Sometimes you have to remove the barreled action from the stock. Measure from the middle of the barrel to the middle of the scope bell.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.