CABC ballistics software from CheyTac

suhl

Hello

This is my first post on this forum. I'm new to LR shooting and consider buying some good ballistic software for PDA. I've found some info about Exbal, Shooter's Workbench, LoadBase (PC only) on this forum, but none about this CheyTac software. So does anybody did some tests with this software? Is it worth its price (about $600) becouse three products mentioned above costs about $100. Thanks for any help.

suhl

Can't go wrong with ExBall...........
thumb.gif

I have Exbal as do many others here, my bud has the Chey-Tac PDA. His seems to be a little more user friendly and faster. The price is a factor to me.

Dave

And what about ballistic model used for computation? Some software uses Pejsa, others Mayeveski (G1 and so on), but CABC as stated in manual uses some kind of doppler radar collected data for any type of cartridge in its own library.
Dave - you've said that one of Your friends uses CABC and finds it faster and more user friendly, but what about accuracy?

--
sorry for my english - it's not my primary language

they are supose to be more accurate due to using the Dopler radar and actual loads, then its put into a computer, call chey-tac and talk with Dave Durham, he can give you all the details. There are two versions, civilian and military. We used it with several different wildcats as well as the std 408 c-t. He has a 338-378wby imp and he used the 338 Lapua data and inputed the proper velocity for the bullet and it was spot on at 1000yds. My exbal will do the same thing. I like the Exbal as i can put it on my PC at home to make click charts and keep records of the loads im using.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.