Ballistics software....?

MAELTY

I am wanting to purchase a ballistic software package.

There are so many on the market I am having a hard time choosing. Two that sound good are the shootist and the seirra.

Could some of you add your two cents and help me out.

Thanks,

Tom

I use the Sierra Suite and I like it a lot. I also have the real old Sierra DOS software which I still use as well. There are free ones on the web, some are real nice. I wish some of them had provisions for longer range's and bigger targets. One (I can't remember the name of off hand) also built a database of statistical info with the XY coordinates of your groups as well. It did a real nice "notebook". Trouble is, it did targets up to a max of likd 6" and I'm afraid mine at 1000 are generally a little larger!

After a while, I've gotten to where I never look stuff up. I've tried all the bullets I'm gonna try, chosen loads, ... There's just not much I need to see. My chronograph does charts so that's no big deal. My biggest gripe with the Sierra software is that I cannot cut and paste info from it into Excel where I keep the printout version of my charts. (so they're real small print for on the gun). Retyping all the info is a real pain. Invariably, some small change gets made and I have to go back and re-retype...

Exbal is great... http://www.perry-systems.com/ don't even cost an arm and a leg either. Get the Palm device and you have an unbeatable combination too.
smile.gif

MAELTY,

I have created a program called "The Reloader's Archive" This program is designed for BR and long range shooters and hunters. This program does have a ballistic calculator in it. This program also contains a sectional density calculator, BC, neck tension, optimum gun weight, twist and average velocity calculations as well. This also calculates a corrected velocity based on distance from crony to muzzle and the entered apmosheric conditions. It allows you to enter ALL critical data on your gun, scope, loads ect... Pictures of your rifle can easily be entered and reticle pictures of popular scopes are included ready to be entered into your records. There is also a section to enter any other pictures you like into this program. There is info that can be viewed and printed to help shooters how to keep their loads the same when lot#'s change, how to calculate wind, shooting on angles and even reloading tips. The best part about this program is that it also prints all the info and pictures in a very neat and unique detailed report. You can also print targets, one of which is called a smart target which is a 1" grid target, but when you enter the distance fired and the MOA per click on your scope a calculation appears in each square telling how many clicks up or down and to the left or right it will take to hit center.

Reticle daigrams included are all of the nightforce, most leupold, sprinfield armory 7.62 3rd gen. and most generic reticles as well. In another feild, an edited reticle is entered showing how to use the reticle with your gun and load. I would like, I would be happy to mail to you an printed example report allong with printed targets as well as instructions.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.