Buying bullets in bulk?

MagnumManiac

Hi all,
Having just got back into target shooting since all the lockdowns, I am running low on bullets since I was not shooting I didn't buy any. Previously I would buy 500 count packs, but it appears they are thin on the ground, but I can see that there are a few 1000 count boxes available.
Should I buy these?
The only time I have bought anything this large was 5000 Nosler 50gr SHOTS at $125 per 1000 many many years ago, which I still have only used about 800 to date in my 222 Rem.
Apart from F-class, which is 40 rounds per match, this new Hunter class requires 32 rounds per match, which is very few rounds really, as we only shoot 1 round on Saturday's.
What say you all??

Cheers.

Buy what you can at any sort of reasonable price if you need them... It seems it'll sell quickly if you decide you don't need a bullet lately... The shelves are still rather empty here from hoarding, etc...
I don't expect it to calm down soon either considering politics lately. I'm letting stuff sit when I can but buying what I will need soon if the price is sane...

The price is no where as cheap as what they would've been 12 months ago.
My guns do like them, it's the Nosler 6.5mm 140gr Custom Comps and same in 22 77gr. $680 and $570 respectively.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.