• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED BUYER BEWARE OF SCAM SITES

Shawn Carverelli

several months ago I was searching the interweb for primers and powder. I looked at all the usual places I have dealt with Midway Natchez Midsouth, Wideners, etc.
Then I went out on a limb and typed in Cci450 primers.
Saw several pop up that i didn't recognize. I put 2000 on my cart then looked to checkout. They wanted my email and ph# fir an account..ok fine.
I shouldve walked when i was told their credit card system hadnt been working and zelle or moneygram was the only way to pay.
No you know the rest of the story.
I felt about as scared as i diid buying a Leica 20-60x used spotting scope on Ebay 20 years for $1000.
The primers never showed an the email arent returned.
If they dont take Visa MC or Discover they aint legit

I wrote this couple months back but scammers are never taken to task by anyone. So far I have been lucky but probably more paranoid than most which is pretty good self protection. But I would file a report to every agency I could and would harass them to chase down dirtbags.

Personally I strongly recommend you report the scam to respective agencies.
===================================
Beware Of Website Scams
NSSF®​ has learned from several industry firearm, ammunition and propellant manufacturers of bogus websites and web scams aimed at consumers who are eager to purchase these high-demand products. NSSF warns consumers to take steps to confirm the websites they are using are legitimate. If you believe you have been the victim of a fraudulent transaction, NSSF encourages you to contact the FBI or ATF, or file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission either online or by calling 800-382-4357 (800-FTC-HELP). For additional information, please visit https://www2.nssf.org/e/127421/online-safety/4gj9m7/534887656?h=8o5pmii2oxbtKpNKvHW7cHmeG6xwsJuFKsTFP8opAVY.
===================================

Also more guidance to report scams from:

Muddy - Very good advice. Ultimately you may not get your $$ back, but any pain you can inflict on the scammers will make you feel a little better.

No I paid with a cc. After a months of going back and forth they sent me a tracking number yesterday, we'll see if it actually arrives

No I paid with a cc. After a months of going back and forth they sent me a tracking number yesterday, we'll see if it actually arrives
You should've disputed the charge and your CC company would've reversed the charge. Usually need to do within the first 30 days. That's why when buying over the web always use a CC.

When searching for ammo online, I have run across a number of sites that sell bulk ammo at incredible prices. (example 1000 rounds of Hornady 6.5 PRC for $900) They are usually the first sites listed in the search and all look the same. Most do not have phone number or an address and none take credit cards. I am pretty sure they are a scam because if it is too good to be true it is usually a lie. But I wonder why they are allowed? For me, No credit card No sale.

Recent Posts