Buttplate install help

nukebabysitter

Hope everyone had a great Holiday.

I need help with installing a Graco adjustable buttplate on to a Savage 110 FCP in 338LM with the HS Precision stock.

I'm concerned that once I get the factory buttpad off the stock I don't know if I will have anything to attach the new buttplate screws to. I've read that the HS stock is not completely hollow and that there is some material at the top and bottom of the stock. Will this material be strong enough to screw the plate to or will I have to come up with some sort of threaded bushings into the syn?

I do think all I have to do is use a hole saw and I will have plenty of room for the LOP adjustment.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!!!

Usually the foam fill is not strong enough to hold the screws drii 1/2 in holes 2 in deep where the screws go and epoxy 1/2 in wood dowels in the holes use enough epoxy in the holes so that it pushes out when you put the dowels in you want it to push in to the foam to get a good bite

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.