Install a brake

nddodd

I know it's been asked millions of times before but instead of hopping on somebody else's thread I'll just ask again.

I'm wanting to get a muzzle brake installed on my sendero. I was curious who carried and installed brakes, what type of brakes you had and how much it'd cost to have it done.

Thanks for your time,
Nathan

I know it's been asked millions of times before but instead of hopping on somebody else's thread I'll just ask again.

I'm wanting to get a muzzle brake installed on my sendero. I was curious who carried and installed brakes, what type of brakes you had and how much it'd cost to have it done.

Thanks for your time,
Nathan

Nathan,

I have a few different MBs but all of them are the side port types and holes on top, no radials (holes all around) and installed by my local gunsmiths.

Average cost is $100 + the cost of MB (from ~$50 and upwards to $250+). Lots of effective ones out there to choose from.

Do you have access to a local smith and what MBs he carries? If not, the site sponsor smiths are nice starting point.

Ed

I'd like to get Nate to install one of his but I've not had any luck getting in touch with him. I'm figuring he's covered up, but I'd like to get any of the 3-4 side ported brakes. I know most smiths are gonna be busy but I'd love to find somebody that could get to it sooner rather than later.

Thanks again,
Nathan

I'd like to get Nate to install one of his but I've not had any luck getting in touch with him. I'm figuring he's covered up, but I'd like to get any of the 3-4 side ported brakes. I know most smiths are gonna be busy but I'd love to find somebody that could get to it sooner rather than later.

Thanks again,
Nathan

If we're talking to the same Nate, this note is off his website ...

I do installs on barrels only (no barreled actions). The cost starts at 55.00 plus the cost of the brake and return shipping. The shortest barrels I can do are 18" for standard threaded or AR barrels and

If we're talking to the same Nate, this note is off his website ...

Sorry I was talking about mr. Dagley 308nate. I've been abscent from LRH for 3 years or so, I've used him, Jim See, Darrel Holland and Kirby Allen on all my brake installs in the past. I know they gotta be swamped, so I was just curious who all was doing this stuff now and who could get to it in a timely manner.

I'd be happy to install a muzzle brake on your Sendero. With some recently new restructuring and a few new machines in the shop I've been able to get my lead times down. I can generally turn a muzzle brake job in about 2 weeks. Not a problem either to install it on a barreled action. Cost is $100 plus brake and return shipping. I'd be glad to email you some example photos if you'd like.

I believe I've got 308nate lined up to do the install. If something happens and he can't I'll give you a holler.

Thanks for everyone's help,
Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.