Who to install a brake?

Hicks

I have a friend who went to smithing school in Trina-drag back in the day, and is quite oppionated. He's telling me that if I want a break installed that I should send it to the guy making the breaks instead of have the bbl manufacturer do it, or even a local smith. Opinions?

Hicks

I have a friend who went to smithing school in Trina-drag back in the day, and is quite oppionated. He's telling me that if I want a break installed that I should send it to the guy making the breaks instead of have the bbl manufacturer do it, or even a local smith. Opinions?

Hicks

The barrel maker cannot Index the brake if required Just like the brake manufacturer unless he has the rifle and that may require shipping.

The local smith is easiest and you can discuss what you want (Timed or not).

If you know a good smith take it to him.

J E CUSTOM

I take it your 'friend' doesn't work as a 'smith. A barrel maker can do it IF he's doing the rebarrel on your rifle. A good 'smith can do it, too,,, and is probably the easiest. The break maker can do it, but you'll have that shipping thing J.E. mentioned.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.