Bushnell LRHS Vs. Sightron SIII

Scoutin' Wyo

I'm in the market for a new scope for my rifle that I plan on using shooting some fun local 600 and 1,000 yard competitions. The rifle might get used on antelope hunts but no high country use planned.

Both scopes can be had with FFP and zero stops. They appear to have some similar specs. Am I missing something? Any real world use of both of these scopes?

Thanks!

I've never owned a Bushnell but based on my experience with the SIII I would never recommend Sightron.
I had the internal elevation components fail and the company refused to stand behind it. I acctually had to pay those guys to fix a *** scope, on top of the horrible customer service the glass was total crap.

My experience with Sightron is limited to a short sampling of the SIII line, but based on what I've seen, I would personally go with a Bushnell LRHS. They track well, are feature laden, have excellent optical quality for their price point, and are relatively easy on the wallet. For a crossover optic, they're difficult to pass up!

I own a Sightron SIII (2nd focal plane) and have never looked through the Bushnell. I've been very pleased with my Sightron. No issues dialing up or down, ever. Good glass and I really like the MOA-2 Reticle. I personally think it's a lot of scope for the money. I have heard very good things about the Bushnell scopes. I would look through both and see which one you like best

The LRHS was probably one of the best hunting scopes ever produced. Can't figure out why on earth they discontinued it.

Likely in favor of the LRTS. An excellent scope in it's own right, the LRHS is better from a hunting standpoint w/ the G2H reticle and capped windage. While the LRHS' discontinuance was disappointing, the LRTS works in a pinch.

Scoutin', Only played with a couple sightrons, but have a few LRHS
/LRTS's. Sightron didn't impress. Much prefer the reticles,10mil/rev, low ele turrets, and zero stop on the bushy's. You can find them under $8-900 if you look....

Thanks Huntsman. Big Jon said you really like the LRHS and he loves his.

Thanks for all the input folks. I have heard some great reviews of the SIII and equal horror stories. Think I should be patient!

Likely in favor of the LRTS. An excellent scope in it's own right, the LRHS is better from a hunting standpoint w/ the G2H reticle and capped windage. While the LRHS' discontinuance was disappointing, the LRTS works in a pinch.

I sometimes use a scabbard so capped turret is good. "Ring of death" is also good on a FFP hunting scope on low power. These are the only guys who ever thought of that.

I have 2 Sightron S111 6-24x50 scopes as well as several other brands and higher end scopes. IMO the Sightron S111 is the best scope you can buy in its price range. Perfect tracking and good glass.
I have sent both in for custom work( Zero stops installed and capped windage installed) and my experience was great with customer service. They even called and updated me a couple times on status of the scopes and had them back to me within about 3 weeks. One of them had a small piece of Dust/lint are something inside the glass I could see so I sent it back. They called apologized and said they would get it fixed right away and get it back to me. I believe I had that scope back in a little over a week. scope came back perfect.

The Bushnell LRHS is one of the few scope I have never tried. But have read lots of great reports on them so should be a good scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.