Bushnell Elite Long Range Hunter, NF SHV, or Sightron SIII?

I have never really understood the problem with ffp scopes and the reticle size at low power. If I'm using a scope at three power I can still see the cross hair portion just fine and if I need to make a longer shot I can dial or turn the power up and use the reticle. It's not that the ffp reticle is useless at low power it just needs to be used diffrently.

I would really like to see vortex bring out a 4x16x50 ffp with razor glass and the 2bc reticle..would be the perfect scope for me....

Once you go FFP you don't go back. Buy once cry once.

I've noticed the FFP vs SFP is a very personal topic to some people. I think I'm going to purchase the sightron 6-24 MOA2 FFP and try it out, if it doesn't work for an all around hunting & plinking scope on my 7mm I will trade it out w the Viper 4-16 SFP on my 6.5-284. Still think the Elite has some awesome features, but I found a steal on the sightron that dont think I can pass up. If that Viper 4-16 had better resolution on 16x I would buy 2 and be done with it, great scope for the price though.

I've noticed the FFP vs SFP is a very personal topic to some people. I think I'm going to purchase the sightron 6-24 MOA2 FFP and try it out, if it doesn't work for an all around hunting & plinking scope on my 7mm I will trade it out w the Viper 4-16 SFP on my 6.5-284. Still think the Elite has some awesome features, but I found a steal on the sightron that dont think I can pass up. If that Viper 4-16 had better resolution on 16x I would buy 2 and be done with it, great scope for the price though.

I got a Burris Veracity 4-20x50 FFP last year, my 1st ever FFP and very please with it does far. If you like the Vortex line, you'll the Burris Veracity line and will definitely give Vortex a ran for the money.

Good luck!

I would really like to see vortex bring out a 4x16x50 ffp with razor glass and the 2bc reticle..would be the perfect scope for me....

I would choose this exact scope except 4-20x50.

4x is ideal for me personally up close. But I tend to like 20x for seeing a bit more detail for long shots.

But I think you've got a lot more experience with the long shots than I do so I am very curious about your thoughts on having 16 be your top end?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts