Bushnell Forge 3-18x50 VS Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25x50

Agree and that's why I said to buy the Tactical model. I've got 2 of them and they're a great product. Just depends on a persons budget though. I've never really found a nice quality scope for $400 with the features of the Forge. As I said, I wasn't impressed but at $400 for some it may be what they want and a good deal for them. Personally, I wouldn't buy one.
The hype behind the Forge is you can get an FFP scope for under $400 which compared to its original price of about $900 appears like a great bargain. From the original price point it is. But, was it worth the original price?
The one I looked through turned up to full power had some aberration around the ocular outside edges and if quartered into sunlight caused distortion to the edges of the field of view. Obviously they didn't sell many as they marked their dealer price down around 75% in minimum amounts of scopes the dealer had to purchase. This tells me their inventory on this scope is huge and they need to recoup their production costs. It is only a bargain if it works. If it doesn't, be prepared to lose $400 and possibly much more if you're on a good hunt. I agree with you as some don't have a lot of money but because I feel a scope should be as good as one can afford I can't endorse anything made by Bushnell because of my past experiences with them. Some of you out there might feel differently, and that is fine. Some of you will purchase this scope because of budget restraints and I hope you don't regret your purchase. I have a doctorate degree in learning what not to buy that started with chasing items I thought were bargains.

Those tactical's have some fine optic's, I agree bushnell can be a hassle to deal with but I've never dealt with any scope maker that I didn't have some type of run around or longer than I like wait. Forge is a price point scope.

I'm at a crossroads for the optics on my first LRH stick. I purchased a Tikka T3X Stainless/fluted in 6.5creedmoor(she's perty) and now I need to glue some glass on it. When I started my search I came across the Bushnell and liked it for its turret quality, locking turrets, tracking, good glass, and great reviews. With their new lines coming out, they are now clearing these out and the prices are stupid good, like $375 with an original retail of $1150 (take that with a grain of salt). They also have the same warranty as Vortex now.

On the other hand, I am a fan of Vortex in general, love the brand, love the warranty. The PST 2 checks every single box and beats the Bushy in everything but eye relief. I can find one for around $800. I also love the illuminated reticle.

I will be using it for antelope, deer, and light long-range shooting on the weekends. What would you do?
I have a PST ii 5-25x and am very happy with it. Wish it had locking turrets but in all other aspects I cannot fault it. My other LR scopes are all S&B's.

I bought 2 of them, the 3-18X50 that I am putting on a couple of 10/22's because I love to shoot them at 200 yards and beyond. To me the glass equals that of my Sightron Big Sky scopes and my Nikon Monarchs. They remain sharp and crisp without chromatic aberrations through the maximum zoom levels. I bought them for the price and the 84moa of internal elevation adjustment it has. I really don't think you will be disappointed if you buy one but might be disappointed if you don't, wondering all the time what if I had bought it.

I did the box test and both track very well.

This is my first post ever on the forum. I own 2 of the forge models in sfp. Had and returned the ffp version. Without illumination the ffp reticle in the 2.5-15 was useless in my opinion it is just to thin. Compared to the pst gen 2 I own I think the glass is dead even. I like the turrets better on the forge and both the ones I have track spot on. They are not comparable in anyway to my X5i or NX8 but for $400 I don't know of a better option. I have recommended this scope to several good friends as an entry level option. They are happy. There is currently a 29 percent leap year rebate through bushnell on the forge line. That brings the price below $300. In that price bracket not another scope that even comes close.

I'm at a crossroads for the optics on my first LRH stick. I purchased a Tikka T3X Stainless/fluted in 6.5creedmoor(she's perty) and now I need to glue some glass on it. When I started my search I came across the Bushnell and liked it for its turret quality, locking turrets, tracking, good glass, and great reviews. With their new lines coming out, they are now clearing these out and the prices are stupid good, like $375 with an original retail of $1150 (take that with a grain of salt). They also have the same warranty as Vortex now.

On the other hand, I am a fan of Vortex in general, love the brand, love the warranty. The PST 2 checks every single box and beats the Bushy in everything but eye relief. I can find one for around $800. I also love the illuminated reticle.

I will be using it for antelope, deer, and light long-range shooting on the weekends. What would you do?
I have the Vortex FFP Viper gen 2. It is amazing! Just got the Sig 2400abs rangefinder to go with it, and the Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor. This thing really is a tack driver (or push pin destroyer). This was at 100 yds. The egg that I can't show you because it blew up was at 750 yards. So for 2 cents - there you go:)
20191126_122047.jpg
20191126_122053.jpg
20191126_122047.jpg
20191126_122053.jpg

I've been using the Elite line of scopes... (was B&L... lately Bushnell) for a couple of decades and they've never let me down. I did have a lowly 3x9 Elite 3000 die some years back, and they sent me a new 3200 within a few weeks, no questions asked. Better than I can say about Nikon; I had to trash a set of Binocs from them when they wanted more than they were worth to fix them when they took on moisture. Everyone seems to be in love with Vortex; I can't seem to wrap my head around their product... I've got a 6-24x Viper pst and a 4-16x of theirs (hs-lr I think)... Not sure I want another... I'm not really needing another scope right now but I'm starting to think I'd start at the lower level Nightforce or a Leupy if I was in the market.

Both are nice scopes. Not so sure the Forge is illuminated though.

Here's another one to check out the Vortex Strike Eagle 4-24x50. It is illuminated with a 6x zoom range. Vortex is closing them out. They get good reviews on Youtube. Only $300.
That's a great price ! I bought the same scope a couple years ago. Was about $400.
Decent scope . Remember it's 2nd focal plane if it matters .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.