Bushnell ELITE LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 scope

Litehiker

For my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro I chose a Bushnell LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 scope with a G3 illuminated reticle.
This scope is FFP and mil/mil with side focus. I got mine for about $950. plus Nevada tax of 8.25%.

It is a bit long at 14" and heavier at 28 oz. than I wanted for that light rifle but in every other respect including glass it is a great scope for the money and for long range hunting here in Nevada. I really like the illuminated reticle. When in a hurry you can just use the small Xmas tree reticle to hold instead of dialing.

Anyone else have this scope? (Not the LRHS scope.)

Eric B.

This doesnt help, but I had two DMRs, and I really, really liked them. Only reason, I got rid of them was I couldnt pass up a trade deal on a nightforce ATACR FFP. One bushnell had the G3 reticle, and IMO, I thought it was the best reticle design ever. Super simple and easy to see christmas tree. You didnt get lost in it. Bushnell glass is nice. I dont know if you expereinced this but the eye relief kind of sucked. Everything else was spot on.

I am the king of "cheap" quality scopes. I have a soft spot for all SWFAs and Bushnell's upper tier stuff. This ATACR is probably going to ruin me now. hahaha.

Yeah, the ATACR is heavy but full of the goodness that NightForce is famous for, like great glass, accurate turrets and amazing durability. You're spoiled!

Eric B

RIFLE.jpeg

I can't seem to put text in the above photo but this is the 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro with a Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 scope and G3 illuminated small Xmas tree mill reticle, FFP. I had it Cerakoted. Also a Browning sling.
Great long range scope for Nevada.
I use a Bushnell ARC 1 Mile 10 x 42 rangefinder scope which gives me the "close' mil hold. I've trued it and have the holds on a Vortex insert inside the rear scope cap. The holds are for a Hornady 143 gr. ELD-X Precision Hunter factory ammo with gives me an average of 3/4"MOA groups.

The knife is a HELLE GT Norwegian blade. Very good quality laminated blade with harder edge layer between softer, more flexible layers for strength. Morseth is an American custom knife maker who uses laminated blades.

This is my "dream combo" of rifle, scope and knife for western hunting.

This doesnt help, but I had two DMRs, and I really, really liked them. Only reason, I got rid of them was I couldnt pass up a trade deal on a nightforce ATACR FFP. One bushnell had the G3 reticle, and IMO, I thought it was the best reticle design ever. Super simple and easy to see christmas tree. You didnt get lost in it. Bushnell glass is nice. I dont know if you expereinced this but the eye relief kind of sucked. Everything else was spot on.

I am the king of "cheap" quality scopes. I have a soft spot for all SWFAs and Bushnell's upper tier stuff. This ATACR is probably going to ruin me now. hahaha.

Update, went back to the LRHS and DMRIIs lol

Yeah, it's hard to beat Bushnell's (Japanese) quality and good design features.
I may get the XRS II with ED glass and a H59 reticle to replace my ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 on my 6.5 CM RUGER Precsion Rifle.

Yeah, it's hard to beat Bushnell's (Japanese) quality and good design features.
I may get the XRS II with ED glass and a H59 reticle to replace my ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 on my 6.5 CM RUGER Precsion Rifle.
If you do replace it let me know. I'd very interested in your ers.

"b", Hard to beat Bushnell design and quality for the money. As you know, you won't be sorry for "going back" to Bushnell. (Is that like re-marrying the ex you never should have left in the first place?;o)