bushnell elite 6500 4.5-30 scope

Smokestick

Does anyone have experience with the bushnell elite 6500 scope? I am considering one for my 6xc build, but have never had my hands on one. Are they everything,they say they are? Any info. would be helpful, thanks.:D

I own one. When I bought it I had a falcon menus on both of my long rifles. I put it on a remington 700 that I had planned on doing some pd hunting with. Ended up not going so I never shot it much other than sighting in. In my opinion I was more comfortable with the cheaper falcon scopes clarity and eye relief. Bushnell adjust in moa while their reticle is in mils so if you ever plan to range with it you might have to do some extra math.
Recently took the bBushnell off to out on a 6.5x284 and had a hell of a time sighting it in. Would not track. Finally got it on at 100yds. Took it to 600yds 3 shots fired could only find two 4 inches to the right. Corrected and to this day I can't get it to zero. Put on the old falcon and it zeroed second shot. Needles to say it's on its way back to Bushnell for them to check it out. Then I'm going to sell it.
Look into Vortex PST scopes before you decide on a 6500.

Never owned one.
Check swfa.com they have the best prices guaranteed. Great people to talk to and are very helpful.
The Vortex carries the same warranty as Bushnell 6500. For the price of a 6500 you can get Vortex with illuminated reticle

Does anyone have experience with the bushnell elite 6500 scope? I am considering one for my 6xc build, but have never had my hands on one. Are they everything,they say they are? Any info. would be helpful, thanks.:D

I took some of my scopes to a friend's for him to check them out. Among them was a 6500 4 1/2-30X50 and a Swarovski z5 5-25X52. He prefered the 6500 and now has one on his elk rifle. Mine is crystal clear throughout its magnification range. I don't know if it tracks well or not. It worked correctly when I sighted it in, but don't twist it.

My 6500 tracks good and the clicks are crisp but it gets a little dark at the upper end of the magnification. Compared to the S3 at 24x the Sightron wins for brightness and sharpness.

I've owned the 6500 4.5-30 and now own the $2k Bushnell xrs 4.5-30.

I've owned three sightron SIII 8-32x56 scopes.

I've shot with and spotted through a vortex pst 6-24

sightron wins in glass, Bushnell has a great mag range, loses a little light in the top 5 powers.

vortex has the most features, but loses in the glass department.

To me, the Bushnell has it where it matters, great mag range, close or far, you're dead, they are built very sturdy and this xrs is a tank. They are really just something that does what it says.

I have no issues whatsoever recommending the sightrons as well

I have the 6500 2.5-16 mil dot. optics are crisp and clear, clicks are solid. Except for the mismatched turrets (1/4 MOA), I like it. Once I zero it and get a range card set up, mismatched turrets won't matter....

I've had the 2.5-16 and 4.5-30 6500s. Great mag range, good glass (except as stated the 4.5-30 gets a little dim toward 30x), and good durability in my examples.

(I hope this makes sense) As far as mismatched moa turrets with a mildot, take a target marked in 2" 3" and 4" increments out to exactly 100 yards and adjust your scope's power until the midots line up with one of the marks. Then, just like the Nightforce npr2 reticle has hashes every 2 moa, your mildot can now subtend MOA, for example, 18 power will subtend 2moa per mildot. (again, that was just an example - not saying your scope will have this value) You can now call out corrections when shooting in MOA using your "mil" reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.