Bushnell 4200 Elite

TheCanuck

Hey all, i'd like to get your opinions on the 4200 4-16x40mm from Bushnell? is it a good quality optics? My dad has a 3200 2-7x32mm on his rem 7600 and he seems pleased with it, although he says he wished he hadnt cheaped out and bought one with a wider objective. I'd like more feedback. I dont plan on shooting past 500 yds with it, and it will also be used for hunting, and probably in cold weather as i plan on going elk hunting with my dad this winter

I owned one when it had the Baush and Laumb name on it and loved it. Very clear, bright and great low light capablities. Never had any trouble with it!!
The one difference mine was a 50mm objective.

yeah i saw they have a 50mm objective, but it would go on a Tikka T3 Tactical with sako mounts, and i heard they do not accept objectives wider than 42mm

The 16x is plenty for 500 yard shots. I'm a magnification freak and love high mag scopes to realy bring it in but I have found that not only mirage will stand in your way but when you get in on your target super tight it becomes harder to hold it as still ( to me ). The 16x will give you enough magnification to see antlers and judge them at 500+ yards enough to know if it's a worthy animal or not.
Just my .02

The Elite 4200's scopes are very nice. The clarity and brightness is very comparable to some of the higher dollar scopes. Plus the rainguard feature is really nice if you are planning on hunting in some rainy or inclement weather. And don't forget the free bag from Bushnell. It is a nice bag.

Canuck, I have a 4200 4-16 40mm and it is probably the best scope i have for hunting. It is clearer than the 6-20 VariX3 Leupold that I have. I would highly recommend the 4200 series scope. teele1 <font color="blue"> </font>

I saw one for around $350 at th place i got my latest nikon. I haven't used the 4200 much, but I hear they are very good, clear and bright. I am intrigued by the rainguard. Try this link huntersdiscount

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.