Burris Issues

Elkhunter1983

Did a 300 Norma build that was finished back in Feb and its a sweet piece. I figured back in late December I had better get some glass ordered so it would be ready to go on when the build was done. I had handled an XTR II and absolutely loved it and its features the previous fall so I sold my old long range scope so I could get one. So I order the XTR II thinking I should get one within the month and 6 plus months later and still no scope. I have placed orders with almost everyone large or small just to try and get one. I call Burris every couple weeks and they say the same thing. "All of our backorders should be filled within 45 days but it just simply isn't happening."

They seem to think its really good business practice to keep their customers waiting for the better part of a year because everything that leaves their facility is already sold. Oh and the run of scopes that one of my orders was to fill came to the vendor without eyepieces.

I really like the scope and would like to hold out for one but my patience is simply running thin. Anyone know of a similar scope with the same features for a similar price?(don't say vortex I had one and liked it but it is not the same.) Its beyond frustrating to have a build ready to go with a piece of crap scope on it and not be able to use it to its full potential.

I have been resisting a mil but havent ruled it out yet. My rf eypiece is in moa and most of the guys i shoot with and spot for are moa too. I like the shv other than the 10 min per rotation but i do like the capped turrets. Went out to repeat previous success with load development and shot this at 380 yards yesterday with a min of wind. Time to get some glass on this thing and start stretching.

Attachments

• 20160709_182645.jpg
    20160709_182645.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 41
Going to look at a few nightforces when I go to the big city tomorrow I know there is a price increase but they seem to be very reliable and have the features im drawn to in a scope for this rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.