Parallax issues?

zr600

Ok I have always had this issue when at the range with my parallax. To check it I have my dioplor focus set by looking at a white wall or solid color and only look through the scope for a second or quick glance to get he reticle clear then its set and I leave it. To get parallax out I set the rifle on the bench and get setup look down my target keeping the rifle steady and adjust the parallax till the scope is clear then I will fine tune it by moving my head around to see if the reticle moves while moving head around. I never can seem to get all the parallax out the reticle seems to always move around about 1- 1/2 the size of my bullseye which is 1" or so. Am I doing something wrong? This has been an issue with me for every scope with a parallax adjustment. Vortex viper, 2 viper pst, leupold vx5hd, night force nxs, and a Trijicon accupower. I have this issue with all of them and I think I'm focusing them the correct way and still can't grt all the parallax out. Am I crazy thinking it will all be gone? Any help/advice would be great.

Nah. Keep checking. Moving your head side to side and up and down IS the best way.
Start off close at 25 yards on parallax and work you way up till you find where there sweet spot at say 100 yards. Some scopes you can pull the cap off like when you set the zero, and you can line up the 100y parallax with once you get it sorted out. Make it easier for the future.

Ok I have always had this issue when at the range with my parallax. To check it I have my dioplor focus set by looking at a white wall or solid color and only look through the scope for a second or quick glance to get he reticle clear then its set and I leave it. To get parallax out I set the rifle on the bench and get setup look down my target keeping the rifle steady and adjust the parallax till the scope is clear then I will fine tune it by moving my head around to see if the reticle moves while moving head around. I never can seem to get all the parallax out the reticle seems to always move around about 1- 1/2 the size of my bullseye which is 1" or so. Am I doing something wrong? This has been an issue with me for every scope with a parallax adjustment. Vortex viper, 2 viper pst, leupold vx5hd, night force nxs, and a Trijicon accupower. I have this issue with all of them and I think I'm focusing them the correct way and still can't grt all the parallax out. Am I crazy thinking it will all be gone? Any help/advice would be great.
Have your scopes have all been 2nd focal plane? If not have you noticed a difference between the first and second focal plane scopes?

You know 40 is coming up fast on ya. :) A lot of things start noticeably going bad about that age. I'm not saying it's your eyes, something you may think about though. I have 20/20 in my left eye and 20/15 in the right (right hand/eye dominant) and I have a hard time focusing sometimes. Especially when it's hot and humid out and there's mirage. Some days it seems like I get to the end of parallax adjustment (infinity) on my scope(s) and the target is only at 700yds, other days it might be a 1200yds.

Yea I have wondered that and should get into the eye dr. My eye dr is a Hunter too so that might be some help too.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.