Burris Veracity MADD Zero Stop Issue

Me and my cousin both purchased Veracity scopes last year. He got the 4-20 with the MAD turret and I got a 5-25 with the tall turret. The tall turret allows you to rotate the elevation more than one revolution, but the MAD turret is limited to one revolution which is why I purchase the tall turrets. I think they are a better design and can not figure out why they made the MAD system. I think they only make the tall turret in the 4-20 and 5-25 but I am pretty sure they are still available with the tall turret vs the MAD.

I also really like the Veracity for the price. I picked mine up during a sale at our local gun shop and Burris had a 100$ mail in rebate so I only paid around $700. I have several Vortex that I like but the Veracity with the capped tall turrets and zero stop system made it the perfect scope for my hunting rifle. I like to be able to cap my turrets to make sure I don't accidently spin them. The glass is really good for the cost as well.

The 4-20 and 5-25 veracity are available with the XTR style tall, multi turn turrets. The 3-15 is only available in the MAD style, which makes sense as 23 moa is plenty for 99% of hunting rifles.

The 4-20 and 5-25 veracity are available with the XTR style tall, multi turn turrets. The 3-15 is only available in the MAD style, which makes sense as 23 moa is plenty for 99% of hunting rifles.

Umm I have the 5-25x50 veracity. The tall turrets are limited to ~25 moa single roation. this is due to the zerestop pin that were discussing here.

Umm I have the 5-25x50 veracity. The tall turrets are limited to ~25 moa single roation. this is due to the zerestop pin that were discussing here.
No, they aren't. I have one also, I have 47 moa of useable rotation above zero.

really! I was just out with mine yesterday and I rotated to 18.75 MOA which is over a full rotation. This is what my turret looks like.
burris-veracity-scope-multi-turn-target-knobs.jpg

The mad turrets are 25 moa but the capped Tall turrets are 15 moa and have the ability for multiple revolutions. I just looked it up on the Burris Veracity user manual.

https://www.burrisoptics.com/sites/...ducts/manuals/veracityuserguidev7-31-15_0.pdf
Trevor that must be the older generation Veracity. the one's recently are 25 moa turret that only make one rotation and then hit the zero stop.

Also I'm sort of feeling like Burris has some serious false advertising here. WHY mark 25 moa on a turret, and then have the zero stop pin stop it before you can even make a full 25 moa...

That is the MAD turret not the tall turret. They still make both according to the website.

Very strange 200650 is the e1 reticle scope. 200652 is the SCR MOA model. seems strange that they would offer the ballistic reticle with the target turrets but not the SCR reticle scope.

Last edited:
Very strange 200650 is the e1 reticle scope. 200652 is the SCR MOA model. seems strange that they would offer the ballistic reticle with the target turrets but not the SCR reticle scope.

Yeah I thought the same thing when I was ordering mine. I guess they figure the scr reticle is more for people useing the rectical for holdover and not the turrets but I wish they would offer it with both styles.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.