Burris Customer Service is a joke

I would be willing to bet you spoke with Mike in customer service. He is a poor representative for Burris. I too had problems with Burris scopes. I had an 8-32 Signature Select which had dust inside which would move around in my field of view while I fired. I sent it back and guess what, it still had "stuff" floating around in it when I got it back. I also have 4.5-14 Fullfield II and the first shot out of my 6mm BR made the image in my scope go blurry and I could not get it back in focus. They sent it back and it has worked fine since, the initial problem. I also have a 3-12 pistol scope and it came with the wrong target turrets. The clicks are 1/8", but the knobs were marked for 1/4", so the lines and clicks didn't match-up. I contacted customer service and they sent me the new turrets. As luck would have it they would not line up. I had to send it back into them and when I got it back I noticed the last mark on the turret before it aligns with the number four has a gap which is wider than any of the other spacings on the turret. I don't know if this is normal, but I have never seen this on any other scope I own. I feel your pain. I was a die hard Burris fan at one time and now I do not want to go through the hassle of dealing with their product or their customer service.

I read your posts on the other message board and I can tell you're mad. This is just a suggestion so take it with a grain of salt, but try to resist the urge to resort to name calling. I've found in the past it can make someone lose credibility in a discussion. State the facts and let it speak for itself. I too have been on the other end of the phone being yelled at by Burris Customer Service and I sat there thinking, "What is that guy's problem?" If their product is not good and they don't care, tell everyone you meet, so do I. They will either clean-up their act, or consumers like you and me, and others will not buy their product. I like to think of something my Dad told me. He worked in retail for 45 years, and used to say,"Kill them with kindness."

Barm I do feel your pain as well. I have been nothing but nice to them and they still are giving me the run around. I deal with customers at work on computer helpdesk so I know what its like to be bitched at and I try avoid taking it to that at all costs. I have tried for the last two days to speak with a manager and they will not let it happen. I have also emailed the manager of customer service and left him a voice mail and it sounds like the guy that answers the phone when you call customer service so I think at this point its a lost cause. I am going to trade the scope on a Leupold and put it behind me. I am also going to probably get rid of the other Burris scope I have as well and warn people to avoid Burris if they want good service if something does go wrong.

Dakor,

When I had to go above the man answering the phone I was told the Customer Service manager's name was Gordon. He was very nice on the phone, but nonetheless I still had problems with the product when it was returned to me. I gave up because I felt like it was a manufacturing/quality control problem. It's a real shame because I had heard many good reports about their product. Good luck with the Leupold, I like their scopes as well.

Spend the extra $$$ on either Nightforce NXS or Leupold products. Yes, they are more expensive, but the scopes, rings, bases, and other products are the best. Furthermore, Nightforce and Leupolds customer service as awesome.

Wildcat

Barm the black spec problem is happening a lot from what I was told at the store I am trading the scope in at. Wildcat I have lots of different scopes. Leupold, Nikon, Simmons, Burris and Bushnell. The reason I went with this Burris scope is I liked the power range and I have a few older Burris scopes that work great. Now I am switching everything over pretty much to Leupold and Nikon step by step. I would like to do it all at once but I would still like to hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A niece worked for Burris in a crucial preassembly job. She decided to leave the company and gave notice so they could train somebody to replace her. She trained her replacmment and then gave the company a a final date. Then the replacment quit. Burris actully filed suit againt my niece in an attempt to force her to stay on the job. She was the only one capable of doing the job. If she quit, Burris production came to a standstill. She had to hire a lawyer to answer Burris.

Burris was an okay company until Burris died.

Dakor,

I had the same problem with my scope as far as the windage and elevation knobs not tracking the whole spectrum. The CS guy on the phone said my scope wasn't centered and mounted properly. But I centered everything and did the laser bore sight and you could see the crosshair travel to the laser and then stop while you still crank the knob. It only traveled about half the spectrum.

I ended up sending it back for repair. Two weeks later they send it back with a PO saying "no work done". Amazingly the turrets did work afterwards and traveled the whole spectrum. This scope is only mounted on my AR15 varmint rifle so it doesn't see alot of recoil.

Ronnie

Glad you posted this, I was looking at the Black Diamond Scopes, and like the fact that they are 1/8 MOA. My plans were for using it for 1K F-class.

Looks like Sightron/Leupold will be reconsidered. NF is just too much $$$$$$$$$$ right now.

Frank D

[ QUOTE ]
A niece worked for Burris in a crucial preassembly job. She decided to leave the company and gave notice so they could train somebody to replace her. She trained her replacmment and then gave the company a a final date. Then the replacment quit. Burris actully filed suit againt my niece in an attempt to force her to stay on the job. She was the only one capable of doing the job. If she quit, Burris production came to a standstill. She had to hire a lawyer to answer Burris.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never even heard of such a thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I do not see how Burris really thought they had a leg to stand on when we live in a some what free country. So after hearing the comments if I knew all this before hand I really would have not been surprised about all the crap that went on with my scope. I will make a comment on Leupold. I sent an older VIII in because it was not tracking right and I wanted Tall turrets installed. I sent it then checked the tracking number on it and I then called Leupold as it stated they received it. I wanted to see if they had any questions and the lady in the custom shop said nope we got it this morning and it is already on its way back to you. I about fell over. I shipped it there and had it back working very well I might add in 5 days time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Now that is service. SeniorSendero they tried that crap with me to about it not being mounted right. Then they blamed the rings and I said that is funny they are your Signature rings he really did not know what to say. So I put a Nikon on that rifle shot it and guess what it tracked perfect. Demarpaint yes they have 1/8th MOA but you will need a MOA base for 1K as there scopes only have about 38MOA of adjustment. The scope I am getting to replace the Burris is the Leupold 6-18x40 VII. The glass looks really clear it has 1/4moa and has 50 MOA of adjustment. I talked with Leupold and they said it uses the same turrets as the VIII and it probably there best buy for the money . You can pick them up for around $450. If you want 1/8moa for sure Nikons 6-18 Buckmaster has that but again I think that scope has 38MOA but if you use a base it's not a big deal.

Dakor- We have 3 of those 6-18 leupolds w/target turrets, fine duplex. They are great scopes. They are clear, bright, the clicks work great, the fine duplex is nice, just a great scope under $500. I dont think theres any better.

They only burris I bought was a fullfield 2 3-9 w/bal plex. That scope sucked, period. It wasn't crisp or clear past about 6x, which is worthless in my opinion. I wont buy another one based on that alone. Leupold is so much better for just a litle more money, its not even funny.

We are hearing a lot of complaints about the debris in the scope also. I don't know what is going on with Burris right now, but to be honest, I would say away from their products until this problem gets resolved with the debris.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Demarpaint yes they have 1/8th MOA but you will need a MOA base for 1K as there scopes only have about 38MOA of adjustment. The scope I am getting to replace the Burris is the Leupold 6-18x40 VII. The glass looks really clear it has 1/4moa and has 50 MOA of adjustment. I talked with Leupold and they said it uses the same turrets as the VIII and it probably there best buy for the money . You can pick them up for around $450. If you want 1/8moa for sure Nikons 6-18 Buckmaster has that but again I think that scope has 38MOA but if you use a base it's not a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I have a Burris BD 8x32, and have been lucky, and was considering another BD with less power. I realize they have limited elevation, and use a 25 MOA base. The problem I have is I can't get a 100 yard zero with that base. Most likely I would be better off with a 20 MOA base, but I don't shoot that rifle under 100 yards so it doesn't matter.

After reading this, Burris has seen the last of my money!

Frank D

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To add to the above: I saw all of the paperwork; i. e., the letter threatening the law suit. I am a retired law enforcment officer so she asked for my advice. Before I gave her my advice, I wanted to look at all of the paper so I know first hand what transpired.

My niece had the crucal job of soddering the wire crosshair to the ring that held them in place. The company allowed the situation to develope where she was the only one that did this job. When she gave notice the first time, they made the job so lucrative and flexable that she stayed for a few more years. She wanted to quit to ttake care of her family. They made it possible for her to work at home. The last time she gave notice, she knew that her job was going to be eliminated. It was a matter of time. Burris was going to a plastic printed crosshair as a replacement for the steel crosshair. Over all, production and assembly standards were going down the tube.

She did hire a lawer. It took one letter from that lawyer to Burris to make the thing go away.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.