Burris 30mm Posi-Align insert help needed

Topshot

I have a set of burris 30mm Zee rings with +/- .010 inserts.

The rings need more adjustment so that I can set up my scope properly. To do this I need the 30mm +/- .020 inserts to get the extra adjustment.

Can anyone tell me if these are available and if so where I might be able to obtain them.................Thank you.

you can use a 010 in the front and also use a 010 in the rear , that will give you 020 . or do you still need more ? Jim

Jim,

I need to move the scope alignment 46 inches of windage at 100 yards and 15 inches of elevation at 100 yards to get my scope where I want it. The rifle has a serious barrel to action missalignment problem that has resulted in the POI being a long way out at 100 yards.

I have a 12-42x56 Nightforce BR scope and I want to set it up so that I can shoot my .308 in F-Class from 300 yards out to 1000 yards. The scope only has 40x40 worth of adjustment and I need 30 MOA of elevation at 1000 yards so the scope mounting set up is critical.

Last edited:
Wow, 46 inches at 100 yds? That is a ton for sure!

What is going to happen at 1000? I mean, even if you zero at 100 initially, I'd think that by time the bullet gets to 1000 it's going to be many feet off laterally. Even if you move the scope enough to zero at 100, I'd think the barrel is pointed to the side so much that it will be exponential at 1000, and no where near enough ajustment in the scope to dial elevation and windage both??

I don't know your situation exactly, but if it were mine; I'd take it back and request a re-fit.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.