Bullet weight for barrel twist- 7mm

CLICKBANGBANG

I have a 7mm Rem Mag with a barrel twist at 1 in 9.5. What is the ideal weight for this twist? I have AR-15s in 1-7, 1-8, and 1-9 and have all of them figured out. Lots of good info out about for ARs and barrel twist. But I have never heard much about larger cals particularly 7mm RM.

As always, thanks for any help. :)

I have a 7mm Rem Mag with a barrel twist at 1 in 9.5. What is the ideal weight for this twist? I have AR-15s in 1-7, 1-8, and 1-9 and have all of them figured out. Lots of good info out about for ARs and barrel twist. But I have never heard much about larger cals particularly 7mm RM.

As always, thanks for any help. :)

It actually boils down to length of the bullet and not necessarily the weight. I would google twist rate charts. There is some good data out there to determine twist rates. It is also determined somewhat by velocity. Higher velocity means less twist rate (to a lesser degree). Generally speaking, I am guessing around 160 grains.........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts