Bullet selection for Aoudad?

I use a300WSM. 180 partitions and accubonds. They are fatal with well placed shots. That's the key to Audad hunting as with any animal

Took 2 big rams this year with a 140 Berger VLD in a 6.5 Creed one at 200 and the other 215, both went straight down.

Same here. 3 harvested at distances of 275, 450, and 515. All with 140 gr Berger 6.5 CM. Bang flop on 2 of them, 1 took a follow up shot because the first was not "well placed". Shoot what you are comfortable with.

I'm tuning up for my hunt in January. I've decided to run Berger bullets...

Will be using my 264wm with 130 VLD as my stalking rifle.

Then 300wm spot and shoot out to 600yds...I have some 168 VLD's already, but after reading a lengthy thread about the 215 hybrid...might go with it for long range shooting...

Can't speak about 25-06, but do know the 7mm Mag will work well. I shot a 26" with my 7mm Mag using 150gr WW Power Points. About 60 yards quartering to me, hit the point of the shoulder, shattered the shoulder and "food blendered" the vitals. Ran about 60 yards and piled up.

Update to my original post as I just finished my aoudad hunt this past Sunday. 300 WM and 200 gr. Accubonds did the trick at 315 yds. The whole hunt was a fantastic experience in some beautiful country. Major props to Muley Mike and West Texas Hunts also. They do an awesome job.

Last edited:
Update to my original post as I just finished my aoudad hunt this past Sunday. 300 WM and 200 gr. Accubonds got did the trick at 315 yds. The whole hunt was a fantastic experience in some beautiful country. Major props to Muley Mike and West Texas Hunts also. They do an awesome job.

VERY NICE! CONGRATULATIONS!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.