Bullet selection 6.5 PRC

i think I'm leaning towards the accubond, especially after Berger told me that such a high velocity cartridge will work against me at short ranges. I know the accubond wouldn't go in and blow up like the others have potential to.

They said ideal is about 2900 or under for the bergers but i feel pretty certain I'd struggle to get an accurate load with a lower velocity. My accurate loads have always been right at max powder charge.

The 143eldx has killed a few deer for me at PRC velocity they have all gone through offside shoulders 35-350yd. I shoot high shoulder only one deer has taken a step he went 25yd leaving a blood trail Ray Charles could follow. That was the 35yd shot caught him in onside and out the other shoulder he was at a trot. None of the stationary deer took a step they were bang flop and even high shoulder shots they wrecked the heart. For me inside 400yd the PRC and eldx are a little hot, if long shots are expected it gets the nod.
The Accubond will definitely be a little tougher bullet better suited for closer range, they're a "tipped" partition from my understanding. I used partitions for moose in Alaska and they preformed perfectly.

I have used both the 140 EH's and the 140Accubonds on Lots of Game and both worked extremely well. The 140EH's in South Africa on Plains game from a 6.5 x 284 and the 140 Accubonds in New Zealand on Stag, Tahr, Sheep and Pigs from my 6.5 PRC. No lost or wounded animals from either and none got out of sight. Most dead within 20 yards. I have several boxes of 124 Grain HH that I want to try and I do shoot a lot of Hammers in other calibers but have not tried it yet in the 6.5 PRC. Good Luck.

I have used both the 140 EH's and the 140Accubonds on Lots of Game and both worked extremely well. The 140EH's in South Africa on Plains game from a 6.5 x 284 and the 140 Accubonds in New Zealand on Stag, Tahr, Sheep and Pigs from my 6.5 PRC. No lost or wounded animals from either and none got out of sight. Most dead within 20 yards. I have several boxes of 124 Grain HH that I want to try and I do shoot a lot of Hammers in other calibers but have not tried it yet in the 6.5 PRC. Good Luck.
After hunting with 6.5 Creed using 110gr HH, I am thinking of changing my hunting rounds to those. I shot a nice 9 pointer I like the entrance and exit with very little meat damage. I have killed 100's of WT with cup and core, mainly with a .270 130gr Silver Tip, every one ended up losing shoulders from bloodshot.