Bullet selection 0-600

While I'm a big fan of the 156EOL in PRC and it would be perfectly fine for your needs (0-600 on deer, elk, bear), a mono would be the better all around choice if you're looking to just do 1 load. Hammer, Barnes, Nosler, Hornady...plenty of good mono options and weights to choose from. The 120 Etip hauling over 3200fps has proven to be an underrated lightning bolt though!
Hey! You shush about them read headed step child E-Tips, Those aren't cool projectiles ya know and I don't like when they're sold out!...;)

Regular Accubond. If you are able to get the Accubond long range to shoot, I have had good performance with those on game as well so far. Four animals. 80-200 yards and one at 620 yards.

We killed 5 animals last year with the 147's. Two antelope, two elk and one bear. From 12 yards to to 500. They worked great, all one shot kills. However I quit using them due to their inconsistency's. I bought a box of 500 and there were 15 different weights in that box. Then I measured from the base to ojive and there were so many different lengths I gave up on them. Seemed like I had a flyer in every group.

You will seldom go wrong with an Accubond. Regular and LR are both superb for hunting but out to 600 the regular AB will serve you well. The 156 EOL performed beautifully for our group this year and most were pass-throughs on deer with impressive wound channels/exits. My PRC is pushing the 156s comfortably at 2970 but the recoil is noticeably higher vs the 140s; accuracy is as good as I have seen in a hunting pill. I'm not a monolithic fan but a lot of hunters love them so would be worth a try out to 600.

Since OP put elk on the menu & we are max'ing out at 600 yards, i vote for a partition bullet (nosler or swift A), or a bonded bullet (accubond, scirocco 2, & the like), or an effective mono (barnes ttsx or the hammers).

Higher BC is nice but within the parameters, "high enough" BC gets you into better elk bullets & bullets that will hold together on a close range shot on any of the game listed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.