Bullet seating depths

Abnormal pressures can come from several different sources, one of them is the use of too hot a primer. Think about it. Deviating from an ignition source not designed for the specific caliber can cause the very problem you are having.

Abnormal pressures can come from several different sources, one of them is the use of too hot a primer. Think about it. Deviating from an ignition source not designed for the specific caliber can cause the very problem you are having.
That's why if you intend to to magnum primers you have to redevelop the load from scratch. I don't think anyone here is saying just switch to magnums and see what happens with the OP's current load.

I was running non magnum primers and getting pressure super quick. Did find a carbon ring and scrubbed the crap out of it which helped big time. I did find that the gun builds carbon really easily so I have to clean thorough almost every 50 rounds.

Model of rifle 215 m would be a federal large rifle magnum primer

Correct, & I dont understand why the OP is using them for this cartridge & for this powder!

Sorry I typed wrong primer it's Gm210M federal large match primer

And then I just saw this as I was typing my last comment 😁

What powder, I don't see it mentioned?

I was running non magnum primers and getting pressure super quick. Did find a carbon ring and scrubbed the crap out of it which helped big time. I did find that the gun builds carbon really easily so I have to clean thorough almost every 50 rounds.
Clean it more often , eventually the lands and grooves will "burnish" and you may be able to extend your cleaning intervals.

I may be wrong here so if I am please correct me someone but I was told early on as a general rule of thumb less than 60 Grains standard primer over 60 grains of powder a magnum primer

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.