Bullet seating depth

coachA

I have some Barnes TTSX 150 grain for my 308 and I habe heard they are finicky with seating depth. I am not sure if the this good information or not. Just wondering where you think I should start? Thank for any info y'all can provide.

Barnes suggests starting at 0.050" off the lands, then trying 0.030 and 0.070" off. The best method I've found with these (and every bullet) is to use the Berger seating depth protocol to find your best seating depth, then do load work up. If needed, you can do some final small adjustments of seating depth once you find your best load.

Barnes suggests starting at 0.050" off the lands, then trying 0.030 and 0.070" off. The best method I've found with these (and every bullet) is to use the Berger seating depth protocol to find your best seating depth, then do load work up. If needed, you can do some final small adjustments of seating depth once you find your best load.

What is the berger protocol?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.