Bullet Puller Improvements

Nimrodmar10

I may have posted this before. I'm getting old and can't remember, but it's worth repeating.
If you use a hammer type bullet puller, like the RCBS that I use, you probably don't like the little 3 piece collet shell holder. If not, simply replace it with a regular shell holder of the appropriate size. Drops right in with the case inserted and the cap screws on to hold it in place.

Also, if you need to pull just 1 or 2 bullets and don't intend to reuse the bullet, you can run it through the top of your press with no die in place and grab it with a set of pliers held vertically. When you raise the press handle, the bullet will be pulled from the case. The point of the plied being pulled into the top hole will clamp the jaws shut enough to hold the bullet securely.

I've used pullers like them. They leave marks and distortion on the bullet. I wouldn't use the bullets for precision work after being bulled with this type puller.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.