Bullet or ammo samplers

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Does anyone know if there is somewhere that you can get bullet samplers? Instead of committing to 100 at a time, say I want to try 6 different bullets from various manufacturers. Instead of ending up with 600 bullets it would be nice to just be able to buy in smaller quantities for a higher per bullet price?

Or anywhere that sells factory ammo in samplers like 5 rounds?

I buy a lot of Guns and also do load development for friends and family and this would limit my up front costs.

Thanks for the help!

We were just talking about that the other day and have decided that we will be adding samples to our line this year. As soon as we get caught up on orders and get the Logistics of how to add it we wll be offering 15-20 bullet samples.

Steve

Usually the samplers only have 5 or 6 bullets in them. That's not enough for me as I like to try small grain change increments. I prescribe to finding a bullet design I like and just going with it. I've always been able to get groups less than 1 MOA so haven't felt the need to try 4 or 5 bullets in one gun. In addition to this, I have found it is easier to only have one bullet/load for a gun so that you don't have to worry about sight in every time you change bullets.

Usually the samplers only have 5 or 6 bullets in them. That's not enough for me as I like to try small grain change increments. I prescribe to finding a bullet design I like and just going with it. I've always been able to get groups less than 1 MOA so haven't felt the need to try 4 or 5 bullets in one gun. In addition to this, I have found it is easier to only have one bullet/load for a gun so that you don't have to worry about sight in every time you change bullets.
But there is something like that available out there some where? Interested myself....
Gregg

I have not had a chance yet to load samples on our website. We will be doing this for sure.

In the meantime if anyone would like to get a sample of our bullets call me, or text me if you don't get me, at 406-261-0010. I can manually create an order for a box of 15 for half of the price of a box of 50. This would include shipping.

Steve

You might try Google for something like "nosler sample bullets" or "berger sample bullets",... Looks like some are out there.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere that you can get bullet samplers? Instead of committing to 100 at a time, say I want to try 6 different bullets from various manufacturers. Instead of ending up with 600 bullets it would be nice to just be able to buy in smaller quantities for a higher per bullet price?

Or anywhere that sells factory ammo in samplers like 5 rounds?

I buy a lot of Guns and also do load development for friends and family and this would limit my up front costs.

Thanks for the help!
There used to be a company called Bullet Proof Samples, that sold sample packs of Bergers, Noslers, Barnes, and I think Sierra bullets. Haven't seen them in a while, not sure if they're still in business. If not, maybe call up Berger and see if they'll send you a few to try... I still have a few unopened packs of BPS Berger samples sitting on the bench.

Last edited:
Yep, 15 should be enough to get a pretty good handle on a load.

Steve
I usually do 5 sets of 5 charge weights (25) going up in 1/2 grain increments to get a more precise estimate, because I've had some show similar performance within a 1.5-2 grain span, and then increase accuracy as I bumped up another .5-1 grain. Almost like it hit a wall right before the node showed itself.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.