Bullet ID

SEGARE

Can someone ID this bullet for me? The reloads came with a rifle (.260) I bought several years ago. The seller was assisting someone who was getting out of shooting, so not much info was forthcoming. I finally got brave and shot some of the reloads today. They shot really well, better than the factory load the gun's performance was proofed with. I plan to pull one down for weighing and maybe powder ID.

Attachments

• 20221025_223034.jpg
    20221025_223034.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20221025_223000.jpg
    20221025_223000.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 61
Can someone ID this bullet for me? The reloads came with a rifle (.260) I bought several years ago. The seller was assisting someone who was getting out of shooting, so not much info was forthcoming. I finally got brave and shot some of the reloads today. They shot really well, better than the factory load the gun's performance was proofed with. I plan to pull one down for weighing and maybe powder ID.
May well be a Sierra GKBT-hollow point. If the are I have shot them in my 260, 6.5 PRC and 6.5-284 with very good results.

Hey SEGARE!
We are in GA too!

We shoot .260s and have a variety of bullets in the reloading room. Won't get to it until tomorrow. Looks like Lapua Scenar. Did you pull a bullet and weigh it????
Would have a better idea if I saw the picture of the whole bullet and weight for a 6.5.

Powder ID will be hard and would not go by looking at it.

Thanks
Len & Jill
Semper Fi