Building a scout rifle.

Hicks

All,

I need some advice. I've always been attracted to the scout rifle concept. I'm looking at building one myself simply as an exercise. My question is how might I mount a scope well forward of the receiver? Is there a picatinny product out there that is made specifically for mounting on a Remington bbl?

Hicks

All,

I need some advice. I've always been attracted to the scout rifle concept. I'm looking at building one myself simply as an exercise. My question is how might I mount a scope well forward of the receiver? Is there a picatinny product out there that is made specifically for mounting on a Remington bbl?

Hicks
Yes depending on what type of stock configuration you have. Google "scout mount bolt action rifle" and see what you can find.

Keep in mind that those which mount on the stock or otherwise are attached forward of the receiver will not be particularly accurate.

You can however find or have made a standard picatinny rail for mounting scopes that bolts directly to the receiver which extends forward of the receiver.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.