Buffalobob's buffalo

Buffalobob

This is a scanned in picture of the buffalo I shot back in 1980 up on the Henry Mountains of Utah. I measured the horns back then and he was an inch and a quarter shy of making the Boone and Crockett list.

buffalo1.jpg

Len

The surprising thing is how fiberous the meat is. It is not "tough" but it is very textured meat. This is not bad but it is just different. Taste was very bland and the meat is really, really lean compared to something like Safeway steak. It rates better than old bull elk and not quite as good as young spike elk.

I've had buffalo burgers but not steaks or roasts.

When in Kenya I had ostrich, crocodile, wildebeest, zebra and all were good.

OHHH The "Carnivore"
cab ride sucks but the food and assortment are great!

Nice bull BB
good thing you got the truck to him.
When my Father shot his (back in the 80's) he called and said, get your butt down here and bring some help!!! had to backpack that one out! but the second one they drove the backhoe over and hauled it to Hanksville.

I'll have to see if I can find a old pic, the head and cape is a big load in a packback, If I stood straight up I'd go over backwards.

Nice thing was I was working for him so the pay check never knew the difference!
CAM

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts