BSF barrels ?

DJ Fergus

I'm see that Weatherby's carbon fiber barrels & the Springfield waypoint has BSF brand barrels. Does anyone have any info or history on BSF? They have a different method of wrapping. They flute the stainless barrel core, some how sleeve it with carbon fiber & then wrap the sleeve again with carbon fiber. Any way. I'm just wondering if they button or cut the rifling, and if it's lapped.

Does anyone have any info or history on BSF?
I did load development this summer for a friend of mine that had a BSF barrel spun onto a Tikka action. It was chambered in 22 Creedmoor. Used necked down Lapua 6mm Creed SRP brass, H4350, Federal primers and the Berger 77gr OTM Tactical bullet. The barrel length was only 19" so some velocity was lost due to that. The most accurate load I settled on just barely missed the 3,000 fps mark and was well under an inch at 200 yards. He set it up as a coyote gun and wanted something short and quick handling. Anyways, I'm not positive about the rifling/lapping method (I can't find that info on their website), but the barrel shot pretty decent.

Attachments

• C7E0C4E3-71A5-4B35-9C7E-70116104309E.jpeg
    C7E0C4E3-71A5-4B35-9C7E-70116104309E.jpeg
    522.3 KB · Views: 166
I chambered one in 308 Win for a guy last summer for a deer rifle, finished at 16.25" that shot extremely well out of the gate. He did all the research and got it direct from BSF. He told me they are using E.R. Shaw blanks. And the carbon fiber is a sleeve held in place by tension.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts