Brux - how do they do that?

I have four or five that don't foul easily either. I think most custom barrel makers that hand lap their barrels, to remove all internal tooling marks, should have very minimal fouling.

+1. Yup!

When a barrel like that starts to pick up copper, time to get another on order.

The accuracy on the other hand? Some barrels just shoot!

Now that Brux has told me how they get to ZERO copper pickup and I don't mean a little bit I mean ZERO, I can quit wondering and go back to shooting. Speaking of shooting, there is no way in hell that I will be able to repeat that group. I'm going back to the range with more of that same load to give it a try but based on the fact that I'm the one shooting it, I expect this rifle to be more of a 0.5 MOA gun which will be good enough for some long range prairie dogs. That 80 grain Match King should do pretty good in the Montana wind compared to what I have been using which was the whole idea for the 8 twist barrel. My nephew has two prairie dog kills over 1,000 yards so I've got some catching up to do. I haven't figured out yet how you even see them that far but I'm working on it. Thanks to all for helping me figure out the Brux barrel mystery.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.