Brownings Hells Canyon

Haven't seen or handled one but looking at the specs it seems like a good mountain rifle. What are you looking to use the rifle for?

I was thinking of putting a 20 moa rail with a 4x16 Vortex so I could do some long range shooting plus deer hunt with it.I been looking at a few long range coures here on the east coast.Mainly in Pa.

My local dealer has several of them. I've fondled them several times and almost walked out with one in 270 a couple weeks ago. They look very nice and just say "buy me". I wander about the durability of the finish though. One thing I don't care for is the muzzle break but it is threaded and comes with a thread protector.

My local dealer has several of them. I've fondled them several times and almost walked out with one in 270 a couple weeks ago. They look very nice and just say "buy me". I wander about the durability of the finish though. One thing I don't care for is the muzzle break but it is threaded and comes with a thread protector.

+1 on the muzzle brake. Also, IIRC, the 26" barrel length includes the muzzle brake, but I could be wrong, and OP might want to double check that.

I too would like to see one, I like Browning rifles and have a few, 30/06 A Bolt my favorite, 270 wsm A Bolt, 25/06 X Bolt and 6.5 CM X Bolt. I would like to have a Hells Canyon in the 300 wm. Our gun dealers here in N.E. PA. don't stock a lot of Browning rifles, you pretty much have to order one to buy before you can see it.

Well I have tossed the idea back and forth in my mind.And I really like the 300 WM so that will be my choice if I do it.But as for now I guess I will hunt with my 270 WSM Rem 700.

I also came across the Hells Canyon Speed while in the local store. I'm having to talk myself out of ordering one in 7mm-08. I have an X bolt stainless stalker in 25-06 that will shoot 1/2 MOA with the right loads. I also have an A bolt in 300 WSM. I feel the Brownings don't get the love they deserve. The triggers are better than the Remingtons and they're prettier than a Savage. Although they lack much in aftermarket upgrading, they are very good right out of the box. Just my opinion.

I have been looking at the same gun. I was looking at the macmillan version though. I am a big browning guy. I had my gunsmith play with the factory triger on one of my abolt 7 mags. Man is that nice no creep and 3lb pull.

I bought the Speed in 6.5 CM just a few weeks ago, put a Grey Bull scope on it, loaded up some 123 A-Max and took it deer hunting. It's a sweet little rifle, lightweight and points really well. Killed a nice big bodied buck at 125 yards, dropped him where he stood. I think I'll keep this one :)

Attachments

• Deer.jpg
    Deer.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 122
I bought the Speed in 6.5 CM just a few weeks ago, put a Grey Bull scope on it, loaded up some 123 A-Max and took it deer hunting. It's a sweet little rifle, lightweight and points really well. Killed a nice big bodied buck at 125 yards, dropped him where he stood. I think I'll keep this one :)

That's nice! I'm hunting with a X Bolt Stalker this year in a 6.5 CM, hope I'm as lucky as you were.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.