Browning X Bolts

I guess I'm luck. With my X-Bolt Pro trigger adjusted all the way down my Wheeler trigger pull gauge averages 2.7 pounds. That's good for hunting and has a very clean break.

So perhaps Browning needs to take a closer look at the quality control on its "Feather trigger" for pull weight consistency. If they want 3 pounds then make EVERY trigger pull 3 pounds.

Maybe but I have used Mcarbo springs on other brand rifles and they work. They have a video that explains the process on the x-bolt and for that price and an hour's time I don't see a downside to giving it a try unless someone just likes to **** away cash!
Huh?

What! No seriously I am not against custom triggers, I just bought a Trigger Tec for one of my 700's.
My point is the Mcarbo spring with shipping would be 15.00 or so & watching the video can be watched in a few minutes. Not much to lose with that one. If I buy the Sup. Ready Browning I will try that.
Then if it did not work I will buy the custom trigger.

Last edited:
i do trigger work on all mine. the replacement springs work wonderful. ive never had creep in the xbolts and they break wonderfully. the spring just allowed lower pound pull. most people that shoot it love it. they pass the 4' drop test and shoot great.
ive used several of the m'carbo as well as other options online. they do the same thing.
all factory bolt features work as designed.

i do trigger work on all mine. the replacement springs work wonderful. ive never had creep in the xbolts and they break wonderfully. the spring just allowed lower pound pull. most people that shoot it love it. they pass the 4' drop test and shoot great.
ive used several of the m'carbo as well as other options online. they do the same thing.
all factory bolt features work as designed.
That has been our experience with Mcarbo so far!

Found a place that had the Mountain Pro in stock while I'm in Tx. That's a fine rifle. Only downfall it was in 6.5 needmore. Now just gotta find the Max LR to check out.

.300 PRC cartridges are designed to permit reloading of heavier (200+ grain) bullets without having a compressed powder charge (and possible dangerous pressures) as you would on a .300 WM loaded with the same bullet and to the same velocity as a 300 PRC round.

Hornady and the US army worked together on that cartridge to handle heavier, high BC bullets without having excessive pressures or throat erosion. Seems it worked out OK.