Browning T bolt

Wish I would have known about the trigger J E Custom advised I would own one today. The trigger in the one I handled was not very good. It was a new one about 3 or 4 years ago. Just my opinion

Yes, Those T-bolts stocked in Maple sure look good. You may want to ensure that the seller is providing you the actual rifle pictured in the listing. I have been shopping for one as well but have no exp. with the triggers.

I have a Tbolt that I bought 5-6 years ago, very pretty & very accurate.

I have a .17 BSA scope on it.

30 boxes of ammo of various brands.

$1000 shipped if any of you are interested.

I live in Eastern NC if anyone is close.

Who has one ,and what are your thoughts on the trigger ? I could buy a 17 HMR with a beautiful maple stock. But reports of inconsistency in the triggers concerns me ?
I've owned one for about a year, it is very accurate and my trigger is outstanding. I have done quite a bit of work to my rifle smoothing out the action to reduce the force needed to work it as well as opened up the trigger and modified it to reduce pull weight. Most of the triggers I have seen have been super crisp and clean but a little heavy. I could not get mine below 3 1/2lbs but now it will go to closer to 2lbs. With the trigger how it came it was so clean and crisp that I would have chose it over many other triggers at less weight so if you don't work on the it is still a good rifle.
My rifle is also extremely accurate for a light weight sporter. If you want a nice rifle for squirrel hunting I doubt you would be disappointed but it is a little light for a bench rifle. The only other thing that I don't like is the action is a little noisy do to the force needed to open and close it. As I have said I have worked on mine and probably reduce this by about a third but it is still no where close to as light as my Volquartsen Summit requires for force needed to work the bolt. The Browning is a about half the price though.
Just wanted to add I have been watching this site for a while but this is my first post. Thanks for the good information on here.

Yes, Those T-bolts stocked in Maple sure look good. You may want to ensure that the seller is providing you the actual rifle pictured in the listing. I have been shopping for one as well but have no exp. with the triggers.
Yes they are pretty. Poor reports about trigger abound ,along with noisy actions.

Who has one ,and what are your thoughts on the trigger ? I could buy a 17 HMR with a beautiful maple stock. But reports of inconsistency in the triggers concerns me ?
I bought two a couple years ago from the RMEF. Both of them shoot beautifully, no trigger issues at all. A quarter would cover the 5 shot group on both of them right out of the box. They are really hard on prairie dogs as well

Mine shoots 3/4" groups at 100 yards, the trigger has no complaints from me.

I bought it to shoot coyotes & foxes in my yard or within range.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.