browning conversion

marvee

hi there gents. i recently had a gun rebarreled, 30-06 to 6.5x55 ai in a browning a-bolt. a little problem i have is feeding ammo into barrel. want to know if a person can buy the follower and ramp for a 257 Roberts and install them into the existing magazine and work right. has anybody ever done this. really don't want to make this a single shot.or do i have to buy the hinge plate and new magazine?

Post a picture of what yours looks like. Most are t very familiar with Browning, but you can replace just the follower, and not the spring on most winchesters and Remington's.

gun is an hour away. when you use the browning 30-06 magazine, shells go in fine, but when you try to put in a 6.5x55 shell thru it the shell doe not lift high enough to center into barrel. therfore buggering end of bullet. was wondering if a 257 roberts magazine would be close enough to work or try and see if i can find a 6.5 swede follower and ramp or entire magazine. any thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.