Browning B.O.S.S. system

A friend has two, both are Browning A bolts. The 223 is fed the inexpensive ammo cans of 223s you find at gunshows. Some twisting of the BOSS and the ammo shoots 1/2" or so. The 300 WSM never required much tuning to get it to shoot. It shoots 125 Nos bt AND the 230 Berger hybrid equally well. (talk about extremes)

I found the comments on it being loud funny. Those holes in the BOSS make it a MUZZLE BRAKE! All over this site there are many that use a brake yet I don't hear how loud those are. Laughing......
You will, and have, from me, because I know that's what they are. That's why they made the BOSS CR (Conventional Recoil) piece that replaces the part with holes in it. I don't like hunting with muzzle brakes, that's why I don't own any rifles with brakes on them, other than 2 of my AR's, and those are flash hiders, not muzzle brakes, and the rest of my AR's don't have anything attached, but a thread protector.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.