Barrett BORS System?

Seen one mounted on a M107, looked like a high priced piece of gimmic to me. Worth is like beauty, in the eye of the beholder.

My opinion of course...

+1

When they make laser guided bullets for .50 cal or less I will be interested ,But for now I will
stick with the tools that work, good calibers, rifles,scopes, ballistic tables, and range finders and
the most important thing PRACTICE.

All joking aside I don't know how much they cost and you still have to use a computer and
other instruments to measure wind, temp, altitude and humidity.

Just my 2 cents

J E CUSTOM

a year ago I saw a guy using one at the local range. He had it mounted on the Mark IV scope obviously and on top of a 308 win. Vary neat tool, but it will ONLY do trajectory. If memory serves correctly it works in conjunction w/ exbal and you enter in your data and sight in range and it will tell you what range you are "zeroed" for given the angle of your rifle and the position of the turrit. The only gain is keeping track of where you are when you are clicking, not having to look at a drop chart, and not having to think where you are going to put that $1600 you paid for the BORS system lol.

I was looking at it some time ago and it looked like something that you had to put a lot of faith in to. I feel even though it is very salty if it was any good you would be reading alot of it on this site. There seems to be a lot of guys shooting nxs and other expensive items they would not flinch about another $1,600.00 if it worked.
Mike

I read an article in one of my rifle magazines. They did a rating on it and found it to be quite useful. It takes in account the baro., temp, humidity, and altitude for you. It also adjusts MOA for your shooting angle. Another feature is that you can load up to ten different calibers from Baretts websight with predetermined information. All you have to do is load it into the BORS system. They are planning on making capable of mounting to other optics like the NF. It also has the ability to read range within a reasonable distance, but it is not perfect and they admit that in the article. If you know the size of the target, you enter that into the BORS. Then you run the reticle the length and width that produces a range that is suppose to be somewhat accuratel. Then you return to your zero, and dial in the elevation which comes up on the display. You still have to factor in wind speed and dial that accordingly. It will NOT read windage or help you dial it. That is what I read and sounds like a pretty stable system one you get the hange of it. The Magazine is Shooting Times, June 2009 Issue.

Just my .02
Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.