Brownells --- EXPLOSIVE !

cohunt

So what's up with Brownells shipping department and hazmat shipping of smokeless powder????????

Smokeless powder is hazmat-- but it should be labeled "flammable " not "explosive "

In the past my powder shipments have been "flammable" and some but not all have required signatures for shipping---I've been able to sign the "missed you" shipping tag and the fed-ex or ups guy just leaves them on my porch the next day.

BUT Brownells just sent my powder via "explosives" label and fed ex refuses to leave it without an "in person adult signature" -- it almost got sent back to Brownells but I was able to meet them for the final delivery attempt.

Are they doing this on purpose so shipments no longer get left on the porch and "get lost"? Or do you think this was a mistake by an uninformed shipping department worker? (as real black powder (goex) is considered explosive)

If it was done on purpose-- I'm not a fan, and they need to tell you you must be present for delivery when you order.

Or have the hazmat designations changed and I was un-aware?

20220423_105455.jpg

I've got some headed my way. As soon as it shows up, I'll update.
I sure hope it's not labeled explosive because I have no way of being home when it's supposed to arrive.
If it's shipped via fedex you can go to their shipping center in your town and pick it up if your not present during the delivery. I had to do that once. Just have to show them the tracking number and your ID

Hey, if it's a FEDEX shipment the easiest way to avoid the missed shipment problem is to go to the FedEx website with the tracking number and have them hold it at an office. FEDEX usually delivers at my office after work hrs, so this is how I've fixed it for years.
Take Care

What was Brownells and PV's explanation of the change? Fed Ex I am not a fan of from their employee wages and beyond terrible service in our area. I ask how it will be sent, and 95% of the time I tell vendors. "Send Fed Ex...me no buy, many places sell no Fed Ex"

my last two Brownells and PV same labels. as far as signature i believe that is a Brownells requirement