Broken extractor

Iron Worker

6mm Creed I've worked up to 41grs of H4350 behind a 115 DTAC Lapua Small rifle primer brass. I've fired this load numerous times out of this action in the hot Nevada desert. Zero problems. I've since changed stocks from a Chassis to a Manners LRH stock and had it pillar bedded.(What difference could that of made?) Shooting yesterday in 33-degree weather, I fired one shot. The Bolt lift was extra hard. I felt the crunch of the extractor breaking, and out came the bolt with a stuck case in the chamber, but there was NO blown primer. I pulled a couple of bullets, and the weight was what it was supposed to be.

Could something have gotten in the chamber or bore during the bedding process? Perhaps bore scoping before removing the stuck case can shed some light on it

41.0gr of H4350 seems very moderate in a 6CM w. 115 DTAC. I run 42.0gr in mine w. 115 VLDs or 105 Hybs, from 4° to 115°+ w. never an issue. Over 6 firings on most brass. 1300+ rounds.

Let me throw this out. Jist because the rest of the loads were charged correctly doesn't mean you might not have had a fluke overcharge.

Oil or solvent in the chamber will cause pressure.

Debris in the bore can cause overpressure.

Improper headspace (too long or too short) can cause overpressure.

Maybe the extractor just let go, and jammed in the case head? Failures from fatigue happen on occasion.

I started having trouble with extraction in a Mark V six lug Weatherby. Finally discovered the extractor was sort of broken so it worked most of the time.

Once the extractor was replaced I was able to increase the load.

Are you shooting suppressed?

Could the empty case be easily removed with a cleaning rod?
No on suppressed. It was dirty, with 60-75 rounds of dirt, Slight carbon ring. The extracted case came out semi-easy. It showed excessive pressure signs. But others say that specific action ( terminus Apollo) had a string of bad extractors.

It was dirty, with 60-75 rounds of dirt, Slight carbon ring. The extracted case came out semi-easy. It showed excessive pressure signs. But others say that specific action ( terminus Apollo) had a string of bad extractors.
Try cleaning the carbon ring and try again. They can sure raise pressure