Breaking in a Chrome Lined BBl

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I just got a Rock River Coyote Ar-15 223, figured if some how Hil Dog gets in the white house i should buy one while i can. The gun has a 20" chrome Lined bbl and i am curious as to what kind of different break in procedure i should follow or if it is even worth it

thanks for the help
steve

Steve, I bought a Bushmaster (crome lined) some years ago and there recomendation was to shoot 300 rounds before the first cleaning. Needles to say I said "cool", and shot about 400 rounds before I cleaned it. Very little fouling, it cleaned easy and it's round count is over 1500 now. I think the barrels been cleaned 4-5 times.

Just shoot it , the finish inside is smoother and WAY harder than any hand lapped barrel you will ever find nothing their to "break in" , trying to clean after a few shots is just gonna waste your time.

Thanks guys, thats pretty much what i figured. Just wanted to make sure. I will get her scoped and painted up here pretty soon and get some pics of here on the forum

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.