brake comparison

Nice machining Eric!

Jim: Not sure who copied who out there with these brake designs. I know my muscle brake concept was definitely first of its kind with the port closest to the shooter at a 90 degree to the bore to shear off the back blast.

I have been looking at the brake designs that Eric posted for years now on either Dave Viers website or Brownells.

408cheytac.jpg

I was always told by those older than myself, " that it is always a compliment when other copy your ideas". OR figure out a way to copy an idea and make it look different. It is a bit different for me since i am not in the business and did not just invest a lot of money, time and effort on a concept and then have someone duplicate it and then sell it for less money. That has always got to hurt.

I like the slogan Eric has and have always adherred to that belief.

Neal

Nice machining Eric!

Jim: Not sure who copied who out there with these brake designs. I know my muscle brake concept was definitely first of its kind with the port closest to the shooter at a 90 degree to the bore to shear off the back blast.

I have been looking at the brake designs that Eric posted for years now on either Dave Viers website or Brownells.

408cheytac.jpg

I was always told by those older than myself, " that it is always a compliment when other copy your ideas". OR figure out a way to copy an idea and make it look different. It is a bit different for me since i am not in the business and did not just invest a lot of money, time and effort on a concept and then have someone duplicate it and then sell it for less money. That has always got to hurt.

I like the slogan Eric has and have always adherred to that belief.

Neal

We took the idea of the JP brake (i think thats the right one I will post a pick if im wrong) and turned it into what you see there. We had no idea that any one else was doing it at the time and it seemed to work the best out of all the different ones we tried. We did this around 2005 when we got our cnc equipment in. Whoever thought of it first was right one track because it flat out works....

Yes just go to do it today. The XLR has got to be the most comfortable aluminum chassis stock i have every shot. The performance was second to none with the gun i took straight out of a mcrees that was holding close to .5moa and the 3 groups i shot today were all smaller then that at all the distances i tried. The BA fits perfectly into the stock which is some of the best machining i have seen in aluminum chassis systems. Its super versatile as well allowing for almost any type of bipod setup and can handle many different other types of add-ons that have been almost to easy to mount to it. The only thing i found was to put it in i had to remove the 4 screws that help the tube into place but that didnt bother me to much. I will be testing again soon with a Welcome to Long Range Accuracy bipod that i have coming and have great hopes for.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.