Velocity comparison

C-130 Dude

Question:
Will two guns both having 20 inch barrels provide "similar" velocity using the same ammo and shooting conditions?

Given:
Both guns are setup and maintained the same way. The brass used is fireformed in each gun. Powder, primer, brass, and bullets are all from the same lot. Load process is identical for each.

This is not about groups or accuracy. It's about similar velocity.

What do you think?

Question:
Will two guns both having 20 inch barrels provide "similar" velocity using the same ammo and shooting conditions?

Given:
Both guns are setup and maintained the same way. The brass used is fireformed in each gun. Powder, primer, brass, and bullets are all from the same lot. Load process is identical for each.

This is not about groups or accuracy. It's about similar velocity.

What do you think?
No. I will guarantee there will be a difference. Have shot so many mirrored barrels to know that having them both shoot the same load the same is rare.

Cheers.

No. I will guarantee there will be a difference. Have shot so many mirrored barrels to know that having them both shoot the same load the same is rare.

Cheers.
Didn't say the same. I wanted to know if it would be a "similar" velocity. There no such thing as "identical" guns. Just curious just what velocity differences have been seen in similar situations. It's all good.

Didn't say the same. I wanted to know if it would be a "similar" velocity. There no such thing as "identical" guns. Just curious just what velocity differences have been seen in similar situations. It's all good.
Well, my rifle is a switch barrel, barrels are within .001" headspace of each other and I regularly see a 50 fps difference between the 2 with identical loads. Powder has to be adjusted to get the same velocities.

Cheers.