Boyds Stock question

turkn8r1

I am building a rifle (long action Savage) with a heavy barrel. MY question is. Will Boyds inlet the barrel channel on one of their stocks to accept my barrel? Thanks in advance for any information. FWIW I called and the #3 option no answer.

I am building a rifle (long action Savage) with a heavy barrel. MY question is. Will Boyds inlet the barrel channel on one of their stocks to accept my barrel? Thanks in advance for any information. FWIW I called and the #3 option no answer.

if the varment contour doesnt fit , its easy to sand it out with a some emery cloth on a piece of round bar or drill bit -- ( the laminate glue is bad to breath, get a mask )

Update. Just received a reply from Boyd's. They do not do inleting other than what the specific stock with the specific firearm's factory barrel you choose in the build a stock section. That's ok though now it becomes a challenge. Challenge accepted. Brhahahaha

Yeah I have had to do many hand sanding jobs for boyds stocks. Haven't checked recently but for some reason they only have the heavier contours available for internal magazines. So when converting from internal magazines to AICS bottom metals and putting in boyds stocks would always have to hand sand the barrel channel. I have some 3D printers, so I just printed out of bunch of different sized rods with slits that I can use to stick one end of the sand paper in. It takes a while but turns out just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.